Interested aspirants are invited to become a part of the International Jeanie Bell USC PhD Scholarships offered at the University of the Sunshine Coast. The applications are open for the academic session 2022/2023.
The objective of this fellowship is to assist talented students who want to undertake PhD degree in the field of Medical at the Biotech Research and Innovation Centre. The purpose of this Jeanie Bell USC PhD scholarship is to support a transcultural student or an Indigenous student to complete a doctoral study to be located on the Sunshine Coast.
Clarity of Information
Fantastic program for Australian and international students for a research degree in Australia.
The University of the Sunshine Coast is Queensland’s only publicly funded institution to obtain five stars for teaching quality. It offers more than 120 undergraduate and postgraduate programmes, giving you the freedom and flexibility to pursue your career goals.
Why study at the University of the Sunshine Coast? Whether in class, online, in the field, or on a work placement, USC is known for its personalised approach to teaching. Students will find a welcoming and nurturing learning atmosphere, as well as supporting personnel, opportunities, and a diverse academic curriculum.
Application Deadline: The University is currently accepting applications and will close on 26 November 2021.
- University or Organization: University of the Sunshine Coast
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Awards: Varies
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: NA
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Australia
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: PhD degree program in any subject area offered by the university.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Applicants who have migrant and/or refugee and/or other culturally and linguistically diverse status from the global South or who are Indigenous are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Applicants must be citizens or permanent residents of Australia, citizens of New Zealand, permanent humanitarian visa holders or international student visa holders in Australia at the time of application.
- Applicants for the PhD will have a minimum of a First Class Honours or equivalent in Education, History, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Education or Comparative and Cross-cultural Education (or other relevant discipline)
- Must be acceptable as candidates for a PhD by Research degree at the University of the Sunshine Coast.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: In order to apply for the scholarships, applicants must take admission in a Higher Degrees by Research program at the University of the Sunshine Coast. After that, candidates must submit an application for an HDR Scholarship.
- Supporting Documents: Students must download and submit a research proposal, evidence of academic background, and evidence of research publications/experience.
- Admission Requirements: For taking admission, applicants must check the minimum entry requirements of the program.
- Language Requirement: If English is not your first language, you should provide evidence of English language ability: IELTS, TOEFL, or other acceptable proof. Please see the English Language Requirements section for more details.
The University of the Sunshine Coast will provide the following benefits:
The scholarship will be for up to three years’ full-time study for the PhD, with a stipend of $28,597 per annum (2021 rate), indexed annually. It is likely to be tax-exempt, subject to Taxation Office approval. If the successful candidate is an international student, they will have access to a USC Tuition Fee Offset scholarship and OSHC.
The successful candidate will be eligible to receive research support funding from the grant of up to $4,000 during their study in addition to being able to apply for other University of the Sunshine Coast HDR funds for which postgraduate students are eligible. Details of other terms and benefits can be found at Conditions for Award.
I am Prince Orji, I am a freelance creative content writer, a digital marketer and a lover of education.