Do you want to study in Australia but don’t have sufficient funds? Then, you can apply for the MUCHE Industry Funded HDR Scholarships at Macquarie University. The applications are open for the academic year 2021-2022.
The bursaries are an all-inclusive award that covers the tuition fee, travel expenses, a yearly stipend, and all other miscellaneous expenses. Students who wish to start a PhD programme in healthcare-related research are eligible to receive this application
Ranked 195th in World University Rankings by Times Higher Education, Macquarie University is a public research university. It has achieved an overall score of 4.5 stars and aims to serve and engage the students and staff through transformative learning and life experiences.
Why choose to study at Macquarie University? Macquarie University is an institute that provides first-class facilities, highly skilled graduates, and excellence in interdisciplinary research and teaching. It is globally recognized as one of Australia’s leading research universities and prepares students for the future and encourages and supports them to develop practical skills to get better career opportunities.
Application Deadline: 31st December 2021
- University or Organization: Macquarie University
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: $50,045
- Number of Awards: 4
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Australia
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Applicants can apply to take MRes Year 2 PhD or direct-entry PhD programme at MU.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must have enrolled in an eligible programme at MU.
- To be eligible for a scholarship, applicants are expected to have a record of excellent academic performance and, preferably, additional relevant research experience and/or peer-reviewed research activity in line with the University’s scholarship rating guidelines.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The students must sign up on the university portal and log in to the online application system to apply. The applicants must select the program type of “HDR Project/Supervisor Specific Scholarship” at the start of the application to apply for the opportunity
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Official academic transcripts
- Grading scale
- Passport copy
- Research proposal
- Admission Requirements: The minimum overall GPA of the candidate on a scale of 7.0 should be 4.38 to get into a research programme at MU.
- Language Requirement: The applicants are required to attain minimum scores in the following English language proficiency tests:
- IELTS – 6.5
- TOEFL-iBT – 83
- PTE Academic – 58
- Duolingo – 115
- C1A – 180
- C2P – 180
The applicants will receive the award in the form of a yearly stipend of $50,045 that will include a base stipend of $28,597 and a top-up stipend of $21,448 along with a tuition fee scholarship and also $1,000 to $10,000 towards research-related activities, such as travel to present at conferences, training, copy editing, thesis production.
I am Prince Orji, I am a freelance creative content writer, a digital marketer and a lover of education.