If you want to start your educational journey in the UK with some funding help, then you can join the School of Social and Political Science International PhD Awards at the University of Edinburgh.
These awards are available both to students intending to commence PhD study in September 2022 and to students currently in the first year of their PhD in the School (if successful, this will be a 2-year award).
Clarity of Information
Nice opportunity for international students who want to complete their PhD studies in the UK.
The School of Social and Political Science is one of the main schools in the University of Edinburgh’s College of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences. It provides an excellent educational atmosphere and encourages the conduct of high-quality research.
Why would you like to study at the School of Social and Political Science? While studying at SPS, students are given the opportunity to learn about the world and contribute to constructive change. They are encouraged to challenge the social, political, and technological systems and structures that surround us in all of our undergraduate and postgraduate programmes.
Application Deadline: The last date to submit the entries to participate in the following grant is February 3, 2022.
- University or Organization: University of Edinburgh
- Department: School of Social and Political Science
- Course Level: PhD
- Awards: £15,600
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: NA
- Nationality: Any
- The award can be taken in the UK
- Eligible Countries: Applicants from the UK, EU, and Overseas are eligible to apply for the scholarship.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: These awards are available to all areas of research within the School of Social and Political Science.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, applicants must have to meet the following criteria:
- This award is available to students intending to commence PhD study in September 2022 and to students currently in the first year of their PhD in the School (if successful this will be a 2-year award).
- Applicants must have a master’s degree from a recognized university.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: In order to gain access to the scholarship application system, applicants must have applied for admission to the University of Edinburgh. The online scholarship application form is located in EUCLID and can be accessed via MyEd our web-based information portal at https://www.myed.ed.ac.uk
- Supporting Documents: Following supporting documents should be uploaded directly to your Applicant Hub: Degree certificate(s), Final/interim transcript and grading scale.
- Admission Requirements: For being admitted, you need to meet entry requirements for each qualification you plan to study.
- Language Requirement: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English Language Entry Requirements in order to be able to study at the university.
The funding programme will cover tuition fees for a PhD (UK, EU, or Overseas level) and a stipend of £15,600 (pro-rata for part-time students).
I am Prince Orji, I am a freelance creative content writer, a digital marketer and a lover of education.